Both developers and entrepreneurs are on a quest to create high-performing and feature-rich applications. Also, they want the development process to complete as soon as possible. But in all this, they neglect the security of the application, which is the most important today. Therefore, we will talk about the best security tricks for React Native app development companies.
Security of web and mobile applications is around when hackers constantly search for prey. Even a minute security glitch can give way to data breaching and other online malware.
Today, businesses run on data. It could be the company’s confidential information or customers’ details. In any case, data is the backbone of the business industry. But it is also something that interests scammers the most. They steal this data and use it for their benefit. For this, protecting applications during development is essential. Before we discuss the best React Native tricks to enhance application protection, look at these security issues. It includes:
- Insecure links – In this case, the attacker includes malicious code to the links added by the client. If you click this link, it will automatically launch the harmful script, which affects your application.
- Zil slip – This is another common security threat in React Native applications. It occurs when the code library is not secure. As a result, the hackers add malicious code or files.
- Arbitrary code execution – Arbitrary code execution or ACE is a harmful threat to your application because it exposes your users to online malware.
You know the potential threats that can affect your React Native application. The next question that might pop up in your mind is how to prevent these. Below are the practices every React Native app development company should consider when developing a project.
Top security practices React Native app development companies should follow
Over the past years, React Native has become the preferred choice of enterprises. After all, it lets them build native-like applications for Android and iOS platforms. It works on the code reusability concept, which takes less time and money to develop feature-rich applications. While it builds stellar performing applications, security issues are more common than native applications.
But the good news is your React Native app development company can help you eliminate security-related problems using these tips.
- Keep a check on insecure domains
It is an iOS-specific security practice. In this, your React Native developer needs to restrict insecure domains in iOS. Why? Hackers use them to install malicious links, which may corrupt applications. Therefore, it is a critical measure to prevent data from facing a transport layer attack. To do so, your React Native app development company needs to configure policies in info.plist file. Here are the steps involved in restricting insecure domains in the iOS app.
- iOS 9.0 comes with a dictionary option. It is NSAppTransportSecurity, which is available in info.plist.
- In this, you will find a key NSAllowArbitraryLoads. And by default, it is set to NO. It indicates that you agree with the security benefits. However, in certain conditions, your React Native developer has to change it to Yes. It helps you make network requests.
- Enable Android Keynote
Besides iOS, it is crucial to add security features to Android applications. For this, a React Native app development company can enable the Android Keynote. It lets your Android app store data in a cryptographic form. That means it will be complicated for hackers to access it and saves you online malware. The following are Android safety practices every React Native developer should know.
- Make sure they disable developer mode while working on security-related operations.
- They can protect your Android app from reverse engineering attacks by using “Shared preference” to save sensitive data.
- React-Native Proguard is another excellent way to encrypt your data until you use it.
- Enable Hermes
- SSL pinning
Next, a React Native app development company can consider SSL pinning. It is an easy way to transform certificate files into .cer files. After this, you can save them as assets on mobile like images. However, if your React Native app use libraries like Axios or Frisbee to use APIs, SSL pinning may not work. In such cases, you can rely on alternative plugins, including react-native-ssl-pinning and react-native-pinch.
These are the most common React Native tricks your prospective developer may use to protect your app from hackers. However, we have many other ways like deep linking, securing API endpoints, authenticating SHA256, and more. But most professionals stick to the methods we explained in this post.
So, when you build your React Native project, keep security your priority, along with performance and features.
If you are looking for more React Native tips and tricks, visit our site. At SoftProdigy, we have a team of professionals serving a range of React Native services.
- Why should I use React Native for my upcoming project?
There are several reasons to choose React Native for building your business application. However, if you have budget constraints but want to target both iOS and Android users, use React Native. Also, it helps you launch your project in the market within the expected time.
- What makes React Native unique from other frameworks?