Over the past few years, we have seen changes in the way people search for information and shop online. One of the most prominent ones is the use of smartphones over desktops and laptops. Hence, it becomes necessary for businesses to have a notable presence on mobile searches.
But getting your mobile app visible on the leading app stores is not an easy victory. With nearly 6 million mobile apps, these are highly competitive platforms. Well, this is where app store optimization services come into the picture. Like website optimization, by optimizing your mobile app for app stores, you can boost its visibility.
Making your mobile app discoverable is already a tough nut to crack. It becomes further arduous if you keep making common app store optimization mistakes. Before we explore these mistakes, it is crucial to have a basic understanding of app store optimization.
- What is app store optimization (ASO)?
It is a process of getting your mobile app optimized for app stores to ensure a higher ranking in search results. The higher rank translates into improved visibility to potential customers, which eventually leads to more traffic. When you hire an app store optimization agency, make sure you look for their experience and knowledge in the field.
Although a reputed app store optimization company would know the common ASO mistakes, it is good to stay informed. With this information, you will know what to expect.
- What are common app store optimization mistakes you must know?
- Keyword stuffing – Keywords play a crucial role in app store optimization. With this in mind, marketers try to include as many keywords as possible in the description, title, etc. They think that using more keywords will improve their visibility. But this leads to keyword stuffing, which does more harm than good.
App store optimization works the same way as search engine optimization. So, using too many keywords is a big no-no. It looks disorganized, and your mobile app will fail to appeal to your potential customers. They will immediately close your app and go to the next option.
- Neglecting non-branded keywords – Of course, it is essential to target branded keywords to improve the visibility of your mobile appâ€™s page. But this does not mean you should neglect non-branded keywords or general keywords. If you do so, you may miss out on significant traffic. Therefore, to ensure better visibility and more traffic, use both branded and non-branded keywords.
- Not trusting the experts for downloading Metadata – Another common app store optimization mistake is relying on non-experts for making updates. Please remember, letting an amateur upload the metadata of your mobile app can hurt your business more than benefitting it.
In many cases, companies ask their app developers to download Metadata. In the end, they get an unexpected result, which does no good. Thus, it is vital to understand that they must hand over the task to the right people, like an app store optimization agency. The role of a developer is to write, not upload metadata.
In addition to this, monitor the loading of metadata because you may lose countless downloads due to carelessness.
- Changing app title frequently – Several studies suggest that changing app title too often is another reason why ASO fails. App owners believe that by changing their app title now and then, they can improve their rankings. But instead, hurt their ranking.
For example, if users have a positive experience using your app and want to refer to others, they will use your name. If you keep changing your appâ€™s name frequently, they will not be able to find you. Thus, it is crucial to stick to your app title to improve its rankings.
- Not using previews, icons, and graphic elements – Besides the title, icons are the next thing online users notice in your mobile app. It means your app should look appealing to your potential customers, along with expressing its true purpose. For example, it is apt to use a camera-themed icon for a photo-editing app.
Once your users like the title and icons of your app, they will look for your app’s previews, descriptions, screenshots, and other graphic elements. So, make sure everything is up-to-mark.
- Stopping ACO after receiving results – We have seen a lot of business owners stop app store optimization after results start churning in. It is a common mistake that most people make. They think there is no point in making an effort once they have achieved desirable downloads and rankings.
But the app store is an ever-evolving ecosystem. If you want your app to remain on the top, continuous app store optimization is a must.
With these mistakes in mind, you can find the flaws and improve your ASO strategy accordingly. The success of app store optimization depends on the choice of your app store optimization agency.
If you are searching for a reliable company that offers app store optimization services, get in touch with SoftProdigy. We house a team of experts with years of experience and expertise in the field.