Powering 4.5% of all the websites whose server-side programming language we know, Ruby on Rails (RoR) is an ingenious framework out there. It comprises all the elements modern-day programmers and developers need to build high-performing web apps. Thatâ€™s jargon!
The question is, how good is RoR for startups? And most importantly, what can you build using this web development framework? Letâ€™s dive deep into this blog post to understand the true potential of a Ruby on Rails Development Company. Here we go!
Top Reasons Why Startup Businesses Hire Ruby Developers
There are a number of reasons why RoR has become a critical technology for startups that want to transform their business into high-performing applications. Hereâ€™s why you should hire RoR developers:
Being an open-source framework, RoR has a large community and ecosystem of developers, programmers, and other professionals. When you need technical support or want to make changes, there are multitudes of strangers out there to seek help from.
RoR offers efficient web solutions to a diverse range of startup ideas. For instance, it comes with an array of tools and modules that allow any startup to save plenty of time. Avoid writing boilerplate code and build web applications 30 to 40% faster than other tech stacks.
Hire RoR developers and scale up your application to match the evolving business sphere. Turn your startup idea into a reality using a gamut of plugins- free from glitches. Further, if your application has a larger user base, a Ruby on Rails Development Company can ensure that the app will cope with all the visitors.
Ruby on Rails is distributed under the MIT license, which means you donâ€™t have to spend any money on the framework. In fact, it is surrounded by an ecosystem of free tools that will speed up the development process and let you focus on the core value of your product.
Since the advent of RoR 6, testing has become a complete breeze. Parallel tests can work alongside active support. No long email trails or any delay in the production. This ensures that your web application is stable when you release it out into the business world.
Popular Companies that Hire Ruby Developers
Now that you know why startups choose Ruby on Rails as part of their tech stack, here are some popular startup businesses that became successful using Rails.
- Airbnb: The huge prominence of this hospitality platform is backed by Ruby on Rails. The framework ensures scalability to facilitate rapid development to make room for new functionalities throughout the expansion of Airbnb.
- Shopify: Developed on Rails, Shopify allows businesses to build their own online stores and access plenty of customization options. It supports a user base of over 500k businesses and delivers excellent functionalities and features.
- Twitter: This social media platform has a massive impact on how users consume content online. It was developed using RoR and jQuery with Webpack. Later, Twitter used Scala to overhaul its operations, but Rails is still a key part of its backend.
- GitHub: Acquired by Microsoft, GitHub is an online platform for the developer community. Its code repository was entirely developed on Ruby on Rails.
- Basecamp: The creators of Ruby on Rails built a web application named Basecamp, which is a project management tool built with RoR and is used by 2+ million people.
Over to You Now!
Startups that hire RoR developers are already seizing the benefits of Rails. And the numbers are escalating every passing day. After all, there are not many frameworks like Ruby on Rails that are as flexible and adaptable as it is. On top of everything, this framework is not limited to a single industry or application; it spans from entertainment to Fintech to social media.
Looking forward to building your software with Rails? Hire RoR developers today.
- What are the best use cases of Rails?
Some of the best use cases of Ruby on Rails include web application development, e-commerce development, media streaming app development, and software as a service (SaaS).
- Are there any drawbacks of Rails?
Ruby on Rails is hugely dependent on the prior knowledge and expertise of the Ruby language. Your app wonâ€™t work properly if the developer is incapable of finding Ruby-specific solutions.
- Should I hire RoR developers in a different time zone?
Of course, yes! You can hire Ruby developers to work in a time zone. Be it EST, CST, MST, or GMT, our developers have proven experience working with clients in different time zones.