Java vs. Python is a significant battle like Reebok vs. Nike and Android vs. iOS.
Both are popular programming languages in the web development world. They have gained momentum because of their exclusive features and functionalities.
While Java and Python are different in almost all aspects, they share a common ground. Well, thatâ€™s the reason why there is a constant battle between these two. Both have remained the top scripting languages since 2000 regardless of numerous modern languages.
If you are wondering which one to pick for your web development project, you are on the right page. Below, we have explained everything you need to know about Java and Python. Based on your goals and preferences can go for Java or Python web development. Let us explore the good and bad of both coding languages. But first, understand the basics of Java and Python.
- The basics of Java programming language
Created in 1995 by James Gosling, Java is a high-level, object-oriented scripting language. It was designed with the idea of having fewer implementation dependencies. Besides this, it supports WORA (Write Once, Run Anywhere). Java is one of the most preferred programming languages, with nearly 9 million developers using it.
Why not? After all, it comes with countless exciting features, and it is simple and free.
- A brief introduction of Python
Python is a high-level, general-purpose coding language that allows developers to build dynamic web applications and software. Also, it helps to conduct data analysis and automate tasks.
The primary purpose of designing Python was to eliminate the gap between C and the shell. But today, it has several use cases, from building web applications to software development, and many more.
Now, you know the basics of each programming language. It is the right time to get into the core of this article, the Java and Python comparison. By the end, you will have a clear idea of whether to hire Java or Python web development services.
- Java Vs. Python
- Popularity – One of the primary things to consider when comparing Java and Python is their popularity in the market.
Java is a popular programming language. But after the advent of Kotlin, we have seen a minute decline because most people pick this modern language. On the other hand, Python still enjoys a high level of popularity in the development industry.
- Ease of use – No one likes to struggle with complicated coding language, especially when the requirement is faster development. Python coding is short and easy to use than Java programming language, thanks to its dynamic programming concept.
So far, we can say that Python dominates Java in the battle for the best programming language.
- Code readability – Unlike Java, Python comes with a coding format that is less dispersed and linear. It means developers do not have to use a semicolon at the end of each station. Also, it does not practice curly braces. Hence, developers can easily read and understand the codes written in Python than Java.
- Architecture – When it comes to Java, Java Virtual Machine (JVM) provides the runtime environment for code operation. It further changes Java bytecode into machine language, which developers can compile directly while executing. As a result, it helps developers to enjoy a seamless architectural experience.
Coming to the architecture of Python, the transcriber changes the code into machine-independent bytecode. After this, it saves the bytecode file in a folder until you run this program. At that time, it uses the bytecode without making any changes and ships them to Python Virtual Machine (PVM).
- Speed – Java programming language has a Just-In-Time compiler. It completes the compiling process without taking much money and time. Are you wondering how? Do not worry! We are here to answer all your queries.
The compiler helps developers to compile bytecode into native machine code with ease. The JVM uses the compiled code with no interpretations and translations, which saves both money and time. Consequently, it boosts the efficiency and speed of the development process.
On the contrary, developers have to interpret the Python codes based on variable time. It affects the compiling speed during runtime. In addition to this, it uses higher memory for obtaining the object type of objects from container objects. Therefore, it results in reduced speed efficiency of Python.
Hopefully, you enjoyed reading this article. Based on the above discussion, we say that both are winners in their ways. There are some things Python does better than Java, and Java excels in many others. So, we cannot decide who wins the battle as the best programming language. The choice always comes down to the need, goals, and budget of enterprises. If you think Python meets your project needs, hire an experienced company today.
If you are searching for reliable Python web development services, your search ends here with SoftProdigy. We house a team of Python developers with relevant experience and expertise in the field.