The chat app is one of the reliable resources for businesses to stay in touch with customers. While WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger are leaders in the industry, new chat applications are taking a share of the market. It is all because of the ever-changing demands of customers and continuous technological advancements.
According to Statista, more than 2 billion online users access messenger applications per month for various reasons. Given these numbers, it is clear that chat applications have a bright future. The chat app industry is still blooming. Be among the first to invest in this and leverage benefits in the long run.
Chat applications can indeed accelerate your digital business growth significantly. But to ensure its success, it is crucial to choose the appropriate framework and technology.
Currently, technologies like Flutter and Firebase are in trend for building highly responsive chat applications. Many enterprises hire a Flutter app development to create a messenger app in Flutter using Firebase. If you are thinking about what is up with this hype, you are on the right page.
Before we get into the best practices for building a high-performing chap app, let us learn why there is a surge in demand for Flutter and Firebase.
- Why Flutter and Firebase for Chat app development?
There are countless technologies to choose from to build a feature-rich and user-friendly chat app. But if you want a fully functional application like Telegram, WhatsApp, or Facebook Messenger, it is worth investing in Flutter and Firebase. With these technologies, you can build a chat app from scratch depending on your business goals and needs.
In addition to this, you can create an app compatible with both iOS App Store and Google Play Store. For this reason, it is advisable to hire a Flutter app developer who knows how to work with Flutter and Firebase.
- A step-by-step guide to creating a chat app using Flutter and Firebase
- Firebase Authorization –Authenticating Firebase is a crucial step of chat app development because it ensures data security. It allows you to sign in to the app directly using your username. But how to create a Google sign-in?
- Use VS code or terminal/CMD, as both serve as a streamlined code editor while supporting various development processes.
- Go to the comments in the main. dartand eliminate MyHomePage() stateful widget. After this, structure a folder inside the library.
- To arrange images with specific names, create a widget like Sing-in inside the Sign-in. Dart. Here, you can use action buttons, such as appBar, Scaffold, floating, and body.
- Make sure you use a different document file because appBar will be similar for all the screens.
- Installing plugins –Since you are looking for a highly functional Futter chat app, it is vital to incorporate the appropriate widgets. With this, you can add functionality to your chat application as per your needs and preferences.
Two things are of utmost importance when integrating widgets, such as adhering to the instructions and using the most suitable plugins. Some of the plugins you may consider for your chat app are:
- Cloud Firestore Plugin for Flutter
- Firebase Auth for Flutter
- Imagepicker for choosing images from the gallery
- Google Sign-In
- Firebase Cloud Storage For Flutter
- Fluttertoast to display a toast
- Layout creation – It is time to create a layout for your chat app screen. Please remember, your chat application has multiple screens. Therefore, it is essential to write a different set of codes for each screen. In addition to this, your developer must stick to the guidelines when developing the screens.
- Connecting the Flutter chat app with Firebase – Once you finish designing the layout for your Flutter chat app screens, the final step is linking the Flutter chat app with Firebase. To do this, you need to sign in to the Google Firebase.
When it comes to implementing these steps, it is not as easy as it seems. It is a tricky job, which requires the necessary experience and skills. So, always do your homework before hiring a Flutter app development company.
If you are looking for a trusted company that offers Flutter app development services, search no further than SoftProdigy. We have the best Flutter app developers who are committed to delivering top-notch services.