Do you know a significant number of businesses hire React Native app developers? The demand is not limited to building new apps from scratch. Many choose to shift from ReactJs to React Native platform. This might come as a shock to React-lovers. But it’s true.
ReactJs is an open-source framework that creates dynamic and intuitive UI web apps. These applications tend to be better performing. It used to rule the web app development domain. However, with the advent of React Native, cross-platform development rose in fame for good reasons. That is why a lot of companies migrate from ReactJs to React Native.
According to the Stack Overflow survey, React Native has 6th rank among the cross-platform frameworks. It has users, both start-ups and big brands like Walmart, Facebook, Airbnb, Uber Eats, Microsoft, etc.
Being associated with big names like these is enough to hire top React Native app development companies for your next project. Do you need more convincing? If so, keep reading.
- What is React Native?
But hybrid app development works differently. It uses a single codebase to develop apps for both Android and iOS platforms. A single codebase means less code and logic than native development. It is because we are not building apps for separate platforms. As a result, you spend less time and money. Besides this, it produces high-performant apps that feel and look like native apps. No wonder most start-ups hire React Native development agencies to meet their needs.
Now, you have a basic understanding of React Native. Let us discover why several organizations move from ReactJs to React Native. For this, you need to understand the differences between both.
- React Native vs. ReactJs: What are the differences?
As mentioned, React Native creates native-like apps. This confuses many as almost native feel how is React Native different from native frameworks? Luckily, our proficient React Native consultants have outlined the differences.
In native app development, programmers use platform-specific code written in a dedicated language. For instance, Java and Kotlin help develop Android apps, whereas iOS apps use Swift and Objective-C. Plus, native app development requires an operating-system-specific integrated development environment (IDE).
- React Native Vs. ReactJs: The Inception
In 2013, Facebook invented ReactJs that use virtual DOM to manipulate website DOM to ensure speed and performance. However, Facebook did not introduce React because partial refresh (virtual DOM) is faster than full refresh. But it was designed to minimize the re-build time for the Facebook application. It led to the rise of partial DOM refresh.
Do you know depending on your needs, budget, and goals, you can share the React Native codebase by 85% among platforms? The rest, 15% of platform-specific code, makes your app unique. When announcing React Native, the team was not aware of the impact it would make. But today, it has gained a lot of momentum. It boasts around 2,300 contributors and 21.5k commits in 74 branches. Did we mention React Native is a popular GitHub repository?
Now, you have enough knowledge about React Native and ReactJs. It is the right time to dig into why businesses shift to React Native from the ReactJs platform.
- Migration from ReactJs to React Native: What are the reasons?
- Cross-platform – Unlike ReactJs, React Native builds apps that target both platforms Android and iOS. The best thing is it comes with the input of a single codebase and development team. It allows you to handle several tasks effortlessly, such as planning and preparation, development, testing, and deployment. As a result, you can save money and time building separate native apps.
- Native code interoperability – When it comes to React Native view, it works as a native view. So, it gives you the opportunity to combine React Native views with React views. Hence, you can transition the particular part of the application to React Native gradually.
- Hot reloading – Another feature that helped React Native gain popularity in modern-day development is hot reloading. It is a boon to developers, as it saves them time when building an app. For example, it allows them to see and test any changes quickly. It means developers do not have to reload the app manually without losing the present state. It also boosts their productivity.
Additionally, React Native can overcome challenges related to dynamic interactions and 60 fps animations.
- Cost-effectiveness – Everyone wants to save money wherever possible. This is one reason why enterprises choose to migrate to React Native. It enables developers to reuse the different app components for Android and iOS. Consequently, it reduces the development cost notably. Also, updating and maintaining React Native apps are pocket-friendly.
- Community support- React Native is an open-source, cross-platform framework. So, it has an extensive community. What is more interesting is the community is active and growing continuously. We have mentioned already that React Native GitHub repository is one of the most used. Hence, the platform boasts popularity, and the team is constantly working to make it better with regular updates. If you face any problems using React Native, you can reach out to the community of proficient developers.
It eliminates the hassle of writing components for each platform, which speeds up the development.
Based on this discussion, it is clear why companies migrate from ReactJs to React Native. Considering the cut-throat competition, everyone wants to reach out to as many target audiences as possible. Luckily, React Native app development helps them boost their visibility on multiple platforms without taking much time and money.
Also, you will not face any problems launching your apps, provided you have met the programming guidelines. For this reason, it is advisable to hire React Native app developers with essential skills and experience.
If you are searching for one of the best React Native app developers, SoftProdigy is your best bet. We have a team of proficient developers who are committed to delivering quality and 100% satisfaction.
- What is React Native?
- Are there any drawbacks to using React Native?
Like any other technology, React Native has both advantages and limitations. Some common drawbacks we have listed below.
- Performance issues
- Issues related to updates
- Unconventional UI components
- Backward compatibility
- When to use React Native and ReactJs?
Undoubtedly, React wins over React Native in terms of performance. For this reason, React Native is not a suitable option for applications using complex technologies. On the other hand, ReactJs is best for creating complex applications that need high performance.