The news is everywhere! If you have checked your news or social media feed, you must aleady know what the matter is.
Yes, we are talking about the latest branding exercise by the social media giant Facebook. Henceforth, you will not know Facebook as Facebook. It has a new name, “Meta.”
Amid this rebranding exercise, Facebook marketing consultants got worried. Plus, they got into thinking about several things. Will it affect their marketing ad campaigns? Can they still conduct social media activities hereafter?
Firstly, it is normal to feel that way. Secondly, the latest change has no impact on using Facebook to run marketing campaigns. So, Facebook advertising experts need not worry.
However, we should not forget that Mark Zuckerberg has announced that Meta is the new parent company of Facebook. Therefore, both marketers and entrepreneurs should know the reasons to conduct this rebranding exercise. If you are here to clear your doubts and get the answers, it is the right place. Let us get started!
- Why did Facebook change its name to Meta?
According to Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO, Facebook rebranding came in the wake of “metaverse.” It is an ambitious concept that can revolutionize the way people interact with other users and computers. Below, we have listed the reasons of rebranding Facebook that Mark Zuckerberg mentioned in his letter:
- “As for now, Facebook is limited to a social media company. But at the core, we build technology that ensures better connectivity among people across the globe. The new platform “meta” will bring everything the company does under the same roof.”
- Only the name of the parent company, “Facebook,” has changed. The rebranding exercise will not impact other apps like Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp, etc.
- Under the new brand name, we can expect the company to bring more technologies and apps to boost connectivity.
- The purpose of adopting metaverse is to take people’s interaction to another level. For example, rather than interacting via apps, they can feel the presence of each other.
- Zuckerberg believes that virtual reality products like Oculus will perform better under the new platform.
- Also, Mark Zuckerberg says that the acquisition of other apps such as Instagram and WhatsApp led to awkwardness and confusion. How can we have the parent company name the same as the brand of one of the social networking sites? So, we wanted a name that justifies what exactly we do.
Are you wondering why Facebook chose “meta” as a new name? If yes, then we are to clear all your doubts.
- Why choose Meta as the new parent company name?
As Zuckerberg says, the metaverse is the next big thing as a computing platform. So, the name “Meta” is picked. It originates from Greek, which translates into “beyond.”
Facebook is seriously working on the metaverse. Well, this technology has the potential to make our lives better by ensuring better interactions. However, this does not lead to any changes in social media apps. So, Facebook ad experts can continue to leverage the platform for running ad campaigns.
If you are looking for the best Facebook marketing company to run paid ad campaigns, get in touch with SoftProdigy. Our marketers stay abreast with the trends and updates to deliver the best services.