There are nearly 3.48 million apps on Google Play, and the Apple Store comes with approximately 2.22 million apps. These numbers are continuously increasing, which makes the mobile industry highly competitive for businesses. Are you wondering how your potential customer discovers your app among a million others? The answer is app store optimization.
It’s simple! Like websites require search engine optimization (SEO) for improved visibility on search engines, app store optimization is crucial for mobile apps. No matter how advanced technologies you have used for your mobile app, it is a waste if not app store optimized. Thus, enterprises have started to invest in app store optimization services to improve the visibility of their mobile apps.
Before you hire an app store optimization agency, it is essential to know what app store optimization is and its benefits. Without further ado, let us get started.
- What is app store optimization?
App store optimization is also known as mobile app SEO or app store marketing. It is a process of improving the visibility of mobile apps on app stores, like the Apple App Store and Google Play. Increased visibility translates into more traffic and more downloads. It can further supplement other goals, such as:
- Better engagements with the audience
- Increased exposure of the brand
- Higher rantings and more positive reviews
- Frequent app reviews
Apart from this, app store optimization can benefit your business in various ways. Below, we have mentioned the topmost benefits of investing in app store optimization services.
- How does app store optimization benefit your digital business?
Here are the reasons that justify investment in app store optimization if your business has a mobile app.
- It helps your app mobile to be more visible than your competitors.
- As per the keywords you used, you can get more relevant and quality leads.
- It ensures more app downloads organically.
- You can cut down user acquisition costs because ASO focuses on organic growth.
- It results in higher conversion rates and increased revenue.
- It makes your app discoverable across the globe.
You know how app store optimization can significantly boost traffic and downloads. It is the right time to invest in app store optimization services. Now, let us explore how to do app store optimization to enhance your app visibility.
- A step-by-step guide to app store optimization
- Know your audience – The key to a successful app store optimization strategy is understanding your users and their needs and demands. So, do your research to know your market. With this insight, you can get the necessary information, like keywords used by potential customers, the language they use, and so on.
- Choose your app name or title – When it comes to the name or title of your mobile app, choose the most appropriate one as it is the first thing users notice. Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing your app name.
- The name or title should be relevant to your mobile app.
- It should be unique and easy to read.
- Consider the character count – 50 characters for Google Play Store and 30 Characters for Apple App Store.
- Try to use keywords in the app title or name. Make sure you place the priority keywords.
As a thumb rule, the more appealing the app name, the higher the recognition.
- Keyword research – Here, you have to search the keywords, which users can use to discover your app. To ensure you establish the appropriate keyword set, ask the following questions:
- What are the primary features of my mobile app?
- Which synonyms best describe my app features?
- What are the similar apps and their name or title?
- Which is the category of my mobile app?
- Create an app description – Your app description is essential because it gives your users an overview of your app and its features. It is relevant for both users and the ranking algorithm of the app stores. So, it should be clear, informative, and easy to read. Do not forget to include keywords and keep length upto 4000 characters.
- Get a suitable app icon – Besides text elements, visuals play a vital role in improving your app visibility. So, make a wise decision when creating your app icon. For app icon creation, always follow this rule – the less is more. It means you should avoid adding too many elements and text to your icon.
- Leverage screenshots and videos – For example, you have managed to attract your potential users to your app page, now is the time to convince them to download it. The best way to do so is using screenshots and videos. With screenshots and videos, you can demonstrate to your users the functionality and features of your app. You have to show off your app, make sure you do it the best possible way.
- Localization – Your app listings and visuals are ready. If you want to take your app a step ahead, optimize it to target the global market using a process called localization. You do not have to begin from scratch. Translate your existing screenshots, keywords, and metadata into multiple languages.
- App reviews and ratings – Feedback is another essential element that helps to optimize your mobile app for App Stores. It includes the reviews, comments, and ratings your customers leave. The more positive feedback, the higher your app rankings. Be smart when asking for customers’ reviews and ratings, as you get penalized if you go overboard.
These are the best practices to ensure a successful app store optimization. However, it is advisable to hire the best app store optimization agency that suits your business goals and needs.
If you are searching for one of the top marketing agencies, get in touch with SoftProdigy. With years of experience, we can guarantee to deliver quality services.