Did you know that businesses have pushed the time frame for digitizing their aspects by three to four years? These aspects mainly include internal operations, supply chain, logistics, and customer interactions. In fact, digital products have shot some seven years ahead of where they had expected to be prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Great Resignation, supply chain disruptions, work-from-home, and touchless customer experiences are paradigm shifts that todayâ€™s companies need to adapt to. But how to stay dynamic and resilient in this time of uncertainties? We believe that a big part of the solution could be related to digital employees backed by AI software development.
The New Era of AI-driven Digital Workforce
Entering the new age of intelligence, the future of work seems increasingly digital. With the infusion of AI, ML, and RPA, we are about to see an accelerated adoption of intelligent digital employees that will support knowledge workers.
These employees rely on AI application development services and automation technologies to collaborate with knowledge workers and automate mundane tasks that take hours. For instance, digital employees can send emails, schedule meetings, and even review resumes.
At some levels, digital employees can take on tasks from a range of traditional job roles, such as customer service representatives, billing agents, and cash applicators. The more these employees work, the better they get.
Types of Digital Employees Powered by AI Software Development
Digital humans or employees have already been employed in a variety of fields. Based on that, we can group them into four main categories that are:
- Virtual agents: They come with the same benefits as chatbots, but have a human-like appearance. Businesses can use them as sales agents or trainers. For example, the University of Southern California is researching how virtual agents could help healthcare professionals practice and identify medical conditions.
- Virtual assistants: They are similar to voice control assistants like Alexa and Siri. Potential applications of virtual assistants include personal shopping, physical therapy, taking notes during a meeting, and arranging schedules.
- Virtual influencers: These are pretty similar to human influencers on social media. They can be used to promote brands and trends by posting content online. For instance, Miquela is a 19-year-old virtual influencer on Instagram, who was featured in ads for Prada and Calvin Klein.
- Virtual companions: These are companions that provide emotional support and form personal relationships with users. This technology can have the greatest impact on elder care as it reduces loneliness and reminds people of certain things.
Challenges with AI Software Development-Backed Digital Employees
While AI-powered digital employees provide process efficiency gains, there are some challenges in implementing a digital workforce. For instance, there may not be enough tasks to automate, making it difficult to justify the cost of a digital employee.
Obtaining or gathering information for documentation purposes can be costly and resource intensive. This is simply because AI is an expensive venture. Also, scaling can be a real challenge if digital employees are not designed to be adaptable.
How to Launch a Digital Workplace?
To initiate your digital workforce, it is important to consider the human element. Just think of how humans actually interact with digital workers and enable intelligent workflow. From there, you can invest your time in AI application development services. Follow these steps:
- Evaluate the requirement: Identify a process for a digital employee to own. This may include incorporating intelligent data to enable better decision-making.
- Document the process: You will need detailed documentation of the process to train the new digital employee and enable AI application development.
- Train the digital employee: Once you identify a documented process, train the employee to handle the tasks within the selected workflow.
- Assess the performance: Evaluate the performance of a given digital employee to ensure it has generated the right ROI.
As one of the leading AI software development companies,we believe that every large organization should explore cognitive technologies likeAI. Although there is definitely no room for complacency on issues of workforce displacement, with the right planning and AI application development, digital employees could usher in a golden age of productivity, work satisfaction, and prosperity. What are your thoughts on this?
- What is a Digital Employee?
A digital employee is an AI-powered software which can understand and interpret human communication. It can operate 24/7 and perform various tasks, such as customer service, case management, and more.
- What can a Digital Employee do?
Digital employees can receive, understand, and analyzeâ€¯data in the form of emails, documents, voice, images, and chats. They can decide on the action, perform tasks, collaborate in teams, and support human employees by interacting with them.
- What are Some Digital Worker Applications?
Digital employees or workers can extend beyond digital tasks. Some key examples include leveraging robots to assist retailers in checking stock quantities, using bots to answer customer questions in real time, assisting medical professionals in detecting early symptoms, and more.